How many of you with Shopify stores use the Shopify Help Center
? Or, if you're thinking about using Shopify as your eCommerce platform, have a look at the help center as it has loads of info to help you get off to a great start. Here are some areas of the help center that you may not know about:
1) If you are migrating from another platform to Shopify, be sure to have a look at the Migrating to Shopify section in the help center:https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/migrating-to-shopify
It has a 'getting started page' with a list of steps to help you get setup on Shopify and it also has a specific section on migrating from WooCommerce to Shopify.
2) Did you know that on the Shopify Help Center there are loads of tutorials that can help you extend the functionality of your store without using and paying for an app?
For example things like adding a back in stock notification form, add a gift wrap option, collect customer info with cart attributes, add an order form, filter collections with product tags, hide variants that are sold out, add a currency selector and many more.
The Shopify tutorials are designed to work with the free Shopify themes - so if you're using a free theme this is one way you can get more out of your theme without upgrading to a premium theme.
Yes you have to edit the code for these tutorials, however, if you make a backup of your theme first and follow the instructions very closely you should be ok.
3) If you want to add other sales channels to your store, this link on the help center as them all listed so you can easily click through for more info on each one:https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online
4) Going on holiday? There are 2 options to temporarily close your online store, detailed here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/online-store/shopify-vacation-setting
If you are planning an extended holiday you can pause your store which results in a lower monthly hosting rate, or if it's just a week or so that you're away for you can simply password protect your store for that time.
5) For general help with your store admin, for example editing variants you'll find the help pages very details and some with little video's to demonstrate how to make changes etc:https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/variants/edit-variants
If you haven't already, have a look at the Shopify Help Centre
- you never know, you could find it more useful that you think!