I get quite a few requests for help regarding this. It's actually really easy to add sub menus to your Shopify navigation...when you know how:
1) In your Shopify Admin go to Online Store, Navigation
2) Click the title of the top level menu to open it
3) We are going to create a sub menu under the Catalog menu item. Copy the name of the menu item.
4) Click Navigation at the top to go back to the Navigation window.
5) Click the Add Menu button
6) Paste the menu item name you copied in step 3 into the Name textbox. Did you notice that the Handle textbox gets updated automatically? This is the key to creating a sub menu. As long as the handle name is the same as the top level menu item name, then your new menu will be displayed as a sub menu.
Note: If your top level menu has spaces in it then they will be replaced with a hypen in the handle
7) Add menu items to this menu is the usual way and click save when you have finished.
8) When you preview your site, you'll now see your sub menu displayed as a dropdown menu under the Catalog menu.
Free tutorials, marketing tips and learning resources for small businesses.
We're Small Business Website Specialists & Shopify Experts.
Creative Web Designs create great looking, affordable business websites and eCommerce websites. We have over 15 years experience in the New Zealand digital industry.
Phone 021 211 2384
Join Our Mailing List
Useful Shopify Tips, How To's, SEO & Marketing and more.