If you have an ecommerce website you'll know how essential a good email marketing strategy is to help generate first purchase and repeat sales from customers. You can setup a MailChimp automation, which are free for all MailChimp accounts, to automatically send a welcome email to new subscribers encouraging or offering them an incentive to make that first purchase with your store.
This tutorial will guide you through the process of setting up a Welcome Series Automation in MailChimp using a Shopify discount code as an incentive. Before beginning this tutorial you'll need to make sure your MailChimp account is integrated with your Shopify store.
Part 1: Create the discount code in Shopify
Part 2: Setup the Welcome Series Automation in MailChimp
How easy was that!
Now you have an automated incentive running for new subscribers who join your list - you can set and forget this now and hopefully see an increase in first purchases from customers.
If you need help with this automation or any of the other automation options in MailChimp, let us know. We can even help you with your email marketing strategy, so just get in touch.
Here are 5 emails you could use as part of your email marketing strategy to generate more sales for your online store:
1) New Arrivals/Presale Alerts to encourage repeat purchases by letting customers know when you have new stock arrivals available. Keep these emails short and very focused. If you know your customer preferences you can segment these emails to to improve open rates.
2) A Regular Email Newsletter to keep existing customers coming back to your site. This should definitely be targeted at particular customers and not sending to all customers with content that’s not relevant to them. Put most the important content at the top.
If you don't have a record of customer preferences you could run a campaign to request them, you'd most likely need to offer an incentive otherwise some people won't bother to set their preferences. Long-term this is beneficial to be able to segment your subscriber list and target your email marketing emails.
3) Review Request Email to send customers an automated email after purchase asking for a review. Reviews can be shown on your products and help encourage new customers to buy the product. If you think reviews could be important for your site, you can even offer an incentive if they post their review.
4) Birthday Email to treat your customers on their birthday. Setting up an automated birthday email that goes out to existing customers with a special birthday offer also encourages repeat purchases.
5) Abandoned Cart Email to ensure sure you follow up on those customers that have put something in their cart but not completed their purchase.
If you'd like help with your email marketing, please contact us.
Here are a list of points below that explain the benefits of Email Marketing:
Why Use Email Marketing?
How Can Email Marketing Work For You?
Why Use Creative Web Designs?
* www.litmus.com is an online email design testing website that allows developers to test their email templates to make sure they view well on different email clients.
If you struggle to find the time or resource to implement an email marketing strategy we can provide a managed email marketing campaign service.
Free tutorials, marketing tips and learning resources for small businesses.